Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions of sale detailed below, are here to govern the contractual relationship between the customer, herein referred to as “You”, and Cat Lovers Emporium, herein referred to as “We”. Both parties accept the following conditions unreservedly. These conditions herein are the only conditions applicable and replace any other conditions, except in the case of express, written prior dispensation. By confirming your order, you unreservedly accept our Terms and Conditions of sale, having read and understood them. These Terms and Conditions are important to both parties, as they protect your rights as a valued customer, and also protect our rights as a business. It is therefore here for the benefit and understanding between both parties.
Please note that “Payments and returns”, “Cancellations and How to Order” and “Shipping” ALL form part of the Terms and Conditions.
- You must be at least 18 years old to order.
- The order is to be placed on our website: www.catloversemporium.com
- The products, with their specifications, details and suitability, are selected by us in good faith. We specify their descriptions to the best of our knowledge on our website. We additionally verify the products by means of a photograph(s) with the description of the product. We therefore cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the description. Taking into account the points below, if you have received an item that is unsuitable, we will remedy this by a refund of the purchase price. This being within a notification period of 14 working days upon receipt of your parcel and upon our receipt of the returned item. Return postage is at the customers cost.
- Hand made items. Each one is unique, so you may find that one item may differ slightly to another of the same type and may be subject to slight imperfections and variations in colour and design. Please take this into account when making your purchases. We do pride ourselves in the quality of our goods, and the imperfections and variations add to the character of our hand made items.
- Fashion jewellery is not sterling silver or gold, unless specifically stated. The fashion jewellery and watches need to be treated with care, and after use, are subject to fading or tarnishing. Avoid immersing the jewellery in water and direct contact with perfumes / soaps etc. Clean with a soft cloth and keep in a pouch or box, to prevent premature discolouration.
- We reserve the right to change prices at any time. Products are invoiced at the price applicable when your order is placed.
- Competitions and prizes: Competitions are open to all clients and prizes will be despatched within 30 days of closing entry date. Cat Lovers Emporium’s decision is final in relation to competitions and prizes.
- We reserve the right to refuse an order placed with us, at our sole discretion.
- Cat Lovers Emporium, its sole proprietor, employees or suppliers shall in no case be held liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct or indirect consequential damage of any kind, including and without limitation, lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, arising from your use of our service and products, or any other claim related to your use of the service and any of our products purchased by you, including but not limited to any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind, incurred as a result of the use of this service.
- We reserve the right to amend Our Policy at any stage, and it is your responsibility to kindly make yourself aware of these amendments by checking it from time to time.
- Should you wish to change your order once it has been checked out and not yet paid, kindly contact us and we will cancel the order. Then simply re-order. This will prevent any possible misunderstandings. Should you decide to cancel a purchase once you have paid and the item has been despatched, this will be treated as a return, for which return shipping fees are payable by yourself.
- All goods are subject to availability.
- Back orders: if your item has only recently sold out (before we were able to delete it) and there is likely to be a delay, we will email to advise you. You will be given the option to either wait or cancel.
- Christmas orders for South African customers should be made at least 14 working days before Christmas, (unless you reside in the Western Cape) and Christmas orders for foreign customers should be made at least 21 working days before. The silly season has unforeseen delays, and we dont want you to be disappointed!
No information provided to us will be passed on to third party companies for marketing purposes. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. We do not have control over those websites, once you leave our site via these links. These other sites are therefore not governed by this privacy statement.
The registered owner of this website has taken every care to prepare the contents of this website, and the owner disclaims all warranties, expressly or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the material on this website. Cat Lovers Emporium will not be liable to any person or entity, for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of any information contained in the material on this website.
Furthermore, as per Point 8 of the ordering process (foreign purchases), we will not be held liable for any discrepancies in amounts, due to any misunderstandings regarding the estimated cost we provide in the currency of your choice, as well as the final amount deducted as shown on your bank’s transaction advice. As the shipping amounts are only estimations in South African Rands, we will also not be held responsible for any discrepancies between estimated amounts and amounts charged as per your banking transaction advice.